Re: apt whoops!

Jean-Paul Blaquiere <japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> writes:

> type apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade
> and all goes fine until ...
>
> Unpacking replacement bsdutils ...
> dpkg: error processing
> /software/linux/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-alpha/base/bsdutils_2.9w-3.1.deb
> (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite `/bin/kill', which is also in package procps
>  Errors were encountered while processing:
>   /software/linux/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-alpha/base/bsdutils_2.9w-3.1.deb
>   E: Sub-process returned an error code (1)
>
> this doesn't look healthy.
> should I send a bug report on both bsdutils and procps?
>
> cya,

The /bin/kill has moved to (or from) another package (procps). The Bug
is a missing conflicts. The Problem is known and I think gone away
with current versions. Eigther you, your mirror or the binary-alpha is
just behind in time. Eigther force-overwrite the packages (should be
two) or wait some time.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin