/proc/mounts problem with 2.0.36

I have an alpha system running Debian 2.1 (kernel 2.0.36), autofs and apache.
The problem is that when autofs unmounts a filesystem, it does not always
disappear from /proc/modules.  Eventually you see multiple instances of the same
filesystem in /proc/modules.  Once the number of entries in /proc/modules
reaches 64, you can no longer mount any filesystems.  I have not seen this on my
x86 or sparc systems.  Is this a known alpha bug?

--
Dr. Harry Edmon			E-MAIL: harry@atmos.washington.edu
(206) 543-0547			FAX:	(206) 543-0308