Re: Lastest *working* kernel? / NCR vs SYMBIOS

On Fri 01 Oct 1999, Ron Farrer wrote:
> Paul Slootman (paul@wau.mis.ah.nl) wrote:
>
> > I strongly recommend 2.2.12, a couple of issues with the symbios stuff
> > were resolved in 2.2.10, .11 and .12 (many not directly in the driver,
> > but in memory mapping etc that only affected the symbios drivers).
>
> Okay, I'll grab 2.2.12 and try it. Once again, should I use the ncr or symbios driver for the onboard scsi
> on my AS200???

I believe the help for the symbios option says only to use that one for
810A with a revision higher than a certain number. On my XLT the rev. (as
reported by earlier kernels) was high enough. YMMV. Just try one or the
other... that doesn't take that much time?

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/