Re: New alpha..

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

> Good to see more ppl running Alpha :-)

Same here :-)

> I have a 21164 AlphaPC164 (SX) which takes plain SDRAM. Make sure you can
> return them if they don't work on you machine though...

The SX's will take ordinary PC100 SDRAM, but I believe the regular PC164's
only take parity RAM.  Best to check Compaq's documentation on the
motherboard (or API's...not sure who made that board) and verify this.
Read the section carefully as even the SX's motherboard manual is vague on
the subject.

If I find anything out, I'll post about it...