Re: kernel upgrade

Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
>         Guess I just got lucky... What were Alan Cox's patches supposed to
> do? I didn't go for 2.2.10 because I had heard on debian-user that 2.2.10
> had a filesystem corruption bug. Oh, the fun of new stable kernels and
> trying to figure out which one is best. :)

FWIW, i've been running 2.2.10 on an XL-266 for about 4
weeks now with no apparent corruption, and no problem with
large compiles. The clock does creep forward a little bit,
but that's about it. I haven't had any trouble compiling
2.2.10 under 2.2.10 anyway.

Then again it has slink installed, and not potato...

--
Daniel Morriss
System Administrator