Re: [faure] gdb seg faults?

On 7 Aug 1999, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  I just tried to build XEmacs on `faure', and it segmentation faults.
>  When I tried to start it under `gdb', that segmentation faulted also,
>  so I cannot find out what's the matter.  Any idea what I should do?

First, unless you have a specific request for the admin team (like
installing a different gdb) you are better to ask the alpha list like
this.

Second, I understand that XEmacs has known problems on alpha that have not
been resolved (???)

Third, GDB segfaulting is bad, you should try to fix it too :>

Jason