Re: clock goes 40% faster on SX164

On Friday, 23 Jul, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

> Strange... I use 2.2.5 from the time it came out. Used mile version jan/feb
> this year. I noticed with this combo no problems.

Ah, I must have misinterpreted your words...

Anyway, the change in the kernel happened perhaps somewhere around 2.2.8
(don't remember exactly).  Grep your /var/log/messages for "HWRPB cycle
frequency bogus" to see what the kernel thinks the cycle frequency is;
see also /proc/cpuinfo.

Is your RTC working OK while the kernel is running?  Someone suggested
that incorrect cycle frequency calculation may be caused by misbehaving
RTC.

Nikita