Re: Problems with suidmanager

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 11:29:54AM -0500, Luke Shulenburger wrote:
> I recently upgraded from slink to potato and I just got a message from
> anacron that says suidmanager is trying to change permissions so some
> files to bartw.root.  I think some packages are trying to change to the
> person who built the deb.  I've fixed the problem with reguard to these
> specific packages on my system, but Ithink this might alarm security conscious

  Hi Luke,

  Was this the latest version of samba you've downloaded?? If this is the
  case, I'll build a new samba with su instead of fakeroot. (Fakeroot is
  really flaky...). The postinst get messed-up sometimes when you use fakeroot
  to build packages. Installing these on my system (has a bartw account) won't
  give errors since the user exists.

  Hope to hear from you...

  B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------