cpml-ev5 doesn't create libcpml.so

I recently downloaded the relevant *.debs for the compaq fortran
compiler.  Trying to compile generates various errors:
<boltzmann>$ fort integr.f
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcpml.so, needed by
/usr/bin/../lib/libUfor.so, not found (try using --rpath)
/usr/bin/../lib/libfor.so: undefined reference to `__setfpe_mode'
/usr/bin/../lib/libFutil.so: undefined reference to `__floor'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
fort: Severe: Failed while trying to link.

It seems that the *.so wasn't created during installation.  Here are
the files belonging to cpml-ev5.deb:

<boltzmann>$ dpkg -L cpml-ev5

What sort of invocation of 'ld' should I use to create the shared
object file?  I assume that this can be used in conjunction with

Danny Heap