Re: [chris@beezer.med.miami.edu: Re: What's wrong with bluefish?]

Chris Mazuc <chucker@tool.dhs.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm one of the upstream developers for bluefish and I have been notified
> that there have been compile problems on the Alpha architecture. If I am
> correct, this is an example of the code that has been causing all this
> trouble:
>
> {"/Tags/Special/Other/Soft hypen", NULL, insert_char, (int) "&shy;", NULL},

The problem is that on Alpha an int has 4 bytes, and a string literal
8, since it is a char*. So it just doesn't fit. No way. If you cut off
the top 4 bytes, the pointer will be invalid (fortunately Alpha Linux
was designed for this effect :)

I don't really know what this is supposed to do, but you could
probably make a global array with the strings and use an index into
it.

	Falk