Re: SHMMAX, cdrecord, kernel

On Mon 05 Jul 1999, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> A *lot* better would be to make cdrecord check the maximum value and
> use that when < 4mb.

Ah, yes; but I gather you've never had to deal with Joerg Schilling
(cdrecord author) ?  :-)  It's amazing cdrecord is even supported on
linux, as Joerg disagrees with the generic scsi interface there, and
thinks (maybe correctly, I'm no expert) that _his_ generic scsi
interface is much better. I don't know why he hasn't made more effort
to get it into the standard kernel, in that case...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands