Re: ROSS?

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, [ISO-8859-1] Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:

> The store thats selling havent got a clue what it is, just some server
> they got when they upgraded some local buissness.
> They also got a 12 CPU Pentium (66MHz) server which they sold for the same
> price ($3-400), sadly I missed it by a day.

Argh.  That would've been nice.

> And about the ROSS system, the only external card on it was a SCSI
> controller, so I wont buy (well perhaps if I get it for $100 :)).

Agreed.  Hell, I'd probably try to buy the SCSI card alone for $30 or so,
just to keep around in case you need an extra.  It's a decent card if it's
the NCR chipset described before.

If they can get it to POST, then it's likely you can figure out what it is
(they'd have to put some RAM in it temporarily, but I wouldn't doubt that
they'll do this to facilitate a sale).