Re: First time install

If you're booting from the CD, the challenge is to guess the name of the
"boot-device" as MILO understands it.  The command "show" will give you
the answer; IDE CD drives are hdb or hdd, if configured as slaves, and so
on.  Note that the initial boot from the CD names the kernel "linux", but
after rebooting, the kernel is "vmlinuz" (and not vmlinux.gz, which many
of us know from the old days.)  As long as your CD drive is recognized by
the AlphaBIOS, you shouldn't have to make or use any floppies at all.
Pretty impressive :-)  Perhaps we should add to the installation notes the
fact that the AlphaBIOS wants to have those ugly backslashes in the path
designation.  (Or perhaps I was the only one silly enough to try the
normal ones.)