Re: realplayer, em86

Hi,

Christopher C Chimelis <chris@classnet.med.miami.edu> writes:

> On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, M.Welle wrote:
>
> > 3) lot of probs in compiling ioctl.c. The compiler complains about
> >      "/usr/include/asm/current.h:4: global register variable follows a
> >       function definition"
> >    etc. Hmm.
>
> You can add #include <linux/socket.h> right before the asm/semaphore.h
> include statment and it should get farther.  It'll still bomb with an
> error, but I'm passing that in a not-so-good way (basically, by passing
> -D_ALPHA_CURRENT_H) to try to finish the compile for more patching.  I'll
> let you know what else needs to be done later on in the compilation and
> then we can go back and figure that one out.  Sound good?

I have twiddeled around with this.

1)  With the headers from libc6.1-dev_2.0.7.19981211-6.deb, I can
    compile all the stuff. But linking goes wrong: undef ref to
    __getdents.

2) With headers from libc6.1-dev_2.1.1-0.1.deb. I have defined
   _ALPHA_CURRENT_H, _BSD_SOURCE and _USE_BSD. Then it compiles fine,
   except some missing headerfiles and some problems in socket.c.
   Around line 380 ( struct iovec  alpha_iovec[X86_UIO_MAXIO]) the
   compiler say something like storage size of alpha_iovec isnt known?
   I dont know exactly why.

So. thats enough for today.

Thank you and happy easter
Michael