Re: realplayer, em86

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, M.Welle wrote:

> is there a realaudioplayer for alphalinux? I dont think so. As an
> alternative I decided to compile em86, but I have several probs:

Eek.  Honestly, I don't think any of us have attempted to compile em86 yet
<blush>.  From what I know, it was originally written for RH, which was
using glibc 1.99 snapshots for awhile.  This could account for some of the
differences.  Which kernel includes are you attempting to compile against?

Hmmm...maybe em86 needs to be packaged (if possible depending on
licensing).

> 3) lot of probs in compiling ioctl.c. The compiler complains about
>      "/usr/include/asm/current.h:4: global register variable follows a
>       function definition"
>    etc. Hmm.

This is possibly a kernel-includes issue.  If you still have a 2.0.x
kernel source tree laying around, try compiling it against that since it
was originally written for that.  I'm not even sure it's ever been tried
against glibc 2.1, so you may be the first :-)