slink->potato, 2.0.35->2.2.x

Michael Stroucken writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > 	I'm trying to upgrade slink to potato on my LX164, and I've run
 > into the lchown situation, where packages refuse to install, because links
 > cannot be lchowned, because the function isn't implemented.

Should work for the kernels on the released slink install disks, at
some point I have added actually added  an lchown entry to 2.0.36
kernels.

But it would be best if we add a patch similar to the one of glibc2.0
in glibc2.1 so that we can forget the lchown issue in the future. I
would say the POSIX behaviour should only be enforced in glibc only
after every program in the dist has been POSIX/chown compliant for a
long enough time. In between the current glibc2.0 behaviour is safe in
every case.

Loic