Too often freeze with xon remote netscape

Hi,
I use EB164 running slink. It seems stable for usual operations.
But when I try to use netscape on remote machine which is running OSF1 V3.2c,
the machine often freezes.
It does not respond even to the ping requests from other machine.
I could not point out what happend, because there was no log for the freeze.
Does anyone have same experiences?
When I upgrade the kernel to 2.2.1, it seems to happen less, but it does.

Conditions:
machine: EB164 with 300MHz 21164 CPU, 128MB RAM, 2GB SCSI HDD, 128MB swap
OS: Debian 2.1 stable Sci. workstation.
X: XF86_SVGA Matrox Millenium video cards with 4MB VRAM.
NSCP: netscape v3.03 for digital unix osf1-v3.2c
remote machine: AS200 4/100 with OSF1 V3.2c

N Shimizu