Re: Kernel 2.2

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, D. W. Wieboldt wrote:

> Next I would like to see the pcmcia stuff
> run.  Would that be asking too much?

I have compiled a working version of pcmcia-cs, but (the expected caveat),
the current slink release of the source just doesn't work.  Plus, to make
things even more complicated, the source that I worked on doesn't always
yield working modules (depends on the kernel source that it's compiled
against).  I'm still plugging away on them, though, trying to get some
constant results between 2.2.x and 2.0.36 kernels.  I'm hoping to get
things ironed out by tomorrow, but if not, it may be a late addition.

Part of my difficulty remains the lack of a device to test it with.  I can
get the package to recognise the on-board control chipset, but have no
device to play with for testing purposes.

Try the packages that are in potato.  If they work for you, I'll ask that
they be included in slink for Alphas.