Re: Floppy problems after long uptime

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Paul Slootman wrote:

> Are you talking about my floppy problem, or the ping thing? I'll
> look into the floppy thing myself, but won't have time to do so until
> Tuesday. I'm assuming the glibc 2.1 thing is about something apart from
> floppies?

I was just saying that I found alot of overlooked code when fixing the
IPv6 apps for Alphas, so don't feel alone.  It's very possible that the
jiffies storage into an int was accidentally overlooked, much like the
code I found in ping.

> Anyway, my posting was more of a sanity check for myself before diving
> into it and making myself look rediculous on the linux-kernel mailing
> list (debian-alpha is a lot smaller :-)  So, I guess I'll be digging in.
> There goes my uptime...

I'll look at 2.2.1 (have it untarred and built right here) and see what I
can figure out.