Re: New glibc being uploaded as we speak

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 02:18:04PM -0500, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Oscar Levi wrote:
>
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Have you noticed the unaligned traps that appear to be in the
> > stdlibg++ library?  I'd look into it, but my lowly UDB compiles very
> > slowly.
>
> Same here.  I ran the binutils build yesterday (5+ hours) and now a SECOND
> glibc build (7+ hours) on it to keep track of the builds better.  I missed
> something on the glibc build, though, so I'm redoing it.  If there's a
> problem with libg++, though, I can poke at egcs tomorrow and see what the
> deal is.  Any better reference as to what I'm looking for?

OK.  You shamed me.  Anyway, I have been configuring my second UDB
just so I can do things like this.  So...I'll try to build it myself
and check back with you.

The trouble I'm seeing is that a newly installed slink system (and an
upgraded slink system) started generating unaligned traps at an
execution address that preceeds main on a program of mine. On further
exploration, I found that other programs linked against

  libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2 => /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2 (0x0000020000104000)

generate the same errors: apt-get, update-menus.  My guess is a new
unaligned trap in the library setup code.