Re: New glibc being uploaded as we speak

On Tue 02 Feb 1999, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> Well, I recompiled glibc with the __register_frame_info patch and it's
> being uploaded as we speak. I have tested it with binaries both with and
> without __register_frame_info and have had great success.  Thanks to Loic
> for the hard work on this!

Good work, Loic and Chris!  Have a beer! :-)

I'll do whatever is on my diff list this evening insofar no one else has
jumped in yet.  I gather that for RECOMPILES you're using the .0.1
extension to the version number? That makes sense (I remember something
from debian-devel that .0.1 should indicate a recompile-only upload).

Just to reiterate one of my pet peeves: If you're uploading something
of which the source was uploaded BEFORE the freeze, DO NOT FORGET TO FIX
THE CHANGELOG so that it says "frozen unstable".  A couple of my uploads
(to frozen unstable) were rejected because that version number was
already in unstable a.k.a. potato... Reuploading with a hacked changes
file that only said "frozen" fixed that, but it's a complete waste of
my time if the upload was done already...

Especially now we're recompiling stuff, perhaps from before the freeze,
this is doubly important!

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org