Did you know that nfs mount requires accurate time?

Oscar Levi writes:
 > This brings a couple of suggestions to mind.  First, Loic, is there
 > room on the install disks for hwclock about 32K I think.  I'm gonna
 > suggest to the d-boot list that we add an optional 'set time' step to
 > the install procedure for the sake of enabling nfs installs.  Also, it
 > would be keen if this time-set could be committed to CMOS RAM.  (Is
 > that what the UDBs have?)

Yes sure I can add hwclock.

 > Also, it seems like it would be helpful to add a note to the README in
 > the disks-alpha directory about nfs installs requiring accurate time.

I was not aware of that, do you know where is this restriction needed?
(I know I used NFS for some time  between a machine in year 2018 and
normal ones).

 > Note that the ARC time is not the same as is expected by hwclock.  I
 > originally set the clock with ARC and found that time was in the year
 > 1930 after booted.  I recall that there used to be a time program that
 > compreheded ARC time.

The "epoch selection" should be done by the kernel, but the code there
may be wrong or incomplete.

Loic