Re: Patch for smail

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

> Brian rejected the i386 part (source and binary). The alpha part got in
> though. The comment was "upload for alpha only". So I'll try to talk to the
> maintener again... :)

Yes and no.  I would take it back up with Brian stating that we are a
release arch candidate here and that the same rules should apply for us as
they do with i386, basically that if the "whole source" cannot be
distributed with the dist, then we can no longer claim that all of our
source and patches are included and available.  In short, if someone likes
to "roll their own dist" with Debian on an Alpha, they would not have a
smail that worked without unaligned traps everywhere. I could see it if we
were an arch that wasn't releasing, but this is an important update to an
important package.  Once again, it seems that Alpha is being treated as a
"second-class citizen"....