Re: Installing Linux for Alpha

On Thu 28 Jan 1999, Ralf Bohland wrote:

> Here I have to select a subdirectory according to the hardware of the alpha. The machine is a DIGITAL Alpha XL 300.

I also have an XL300 (sometimes referred to as XLT, as it's different to
the XL266 for example, which only has a 64-bit memory bus while the
XL300 has a 128-bit memory bus). Use the Alcor floppies.

> When will there be a final Version of slink?

As you may have read, there's a problem with many of the currently
compiled packages, so unfortunately it looks like there may be a delay
before alpha slink is ready :-(  On the other hand, if you have the
bandwidth, the current slink should work pretty well, just be prepared to
download a lot again when alpha slink is officially ready...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands