Re: SRM vs ARC

> > I'd not heard about the memory footprint issue.  Can you quantify it?
> > Is this the loss of some memory when the system is running?
>
> Yes, and the loss is around a megabyte or 1.5 megabytes if I recall
> correctly.

I am booting MILO from SRM with 32 MB of RAM and the kernel reports 30256 kb
total memory, accounting for the fact that this is minus about 1536 kb of
the kernel itself, this doesnt seem like a huge loss.

Or is this only when you boot from SRM using aboot?

Also, has anyone been able to get 2.2.0 (and the various pre-2.2/2.1.13x)
kernels to boot using either aboot/rawboot? I would like to do this rather
than using SRM to load MILO but have had no luck.

mato