Re: the [de]register_frame_info definitions issues on Alpha

>  > [CC to HLU]
>  >
>  > Loic Prylli writes:
>  >  > I have tried the gdb from (Mikolaj J. Habryn) and got the following
>  >  > error:
>  >  >
>  >  > ./gdb: error in loading shared libraries
>  >  > : undefined symbol: __deregister_frame_info

Which libc are you using?

# nm /lib/libc-2.0.7.so | grep __deregister_frame_info
0008ba58 T __deregister_frame_info
# objdump --dynamic-sym /usr/bin/gcc | grep __deregister_frame_info
08048ca4      DF *UND*  000000a8 __deregister_frame_info

You should use the latest glibc 2.0/2.1 from CVS and compile it with
egcs 1.1.1/Linux.

> My point is that the last HLU patch looks buggy because it creates a weak
> undefined symbol, which does not solve anything (it is considered by
> the ld-linux.so as an undefined one). We need a real weak
> symbol with a real default definition. I just propose to complete it
> by adding the default definition. No need to remove the hlu-12 patch
> which I suppose was created to fill some needs (I trust HLU for that).

Please don't change anything to glibc/egcs before Ulrich andd I
take a look at the proposed the change.

H.J.