RE: possible debian cluster

Barak,

I have setup a cluster of alphas (PC164LX 533Mhz).  I maintain the darn thing
also.  I do not want the job, but as I found it hard to get ANYONE running an
alpha beowulf cluster to help me, I offer my assitance whenever possible.

I run Debian on the cluster and would not use anything else.  Basically we have
a service node where all processes are started and compiled, and 16 compute
nodes.  I use rsync to keep things inline.

Good luck,

Lon

On 20-Jan-99 Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
 It looks like a big Linux Beowulf cluster kind of thing is going to be
 built here at UNM.  Hundreds of CPUs, at least.  I'd like to convince
 them to use Debian and 21264s, but that's up in the air.  One big
 issue is finding someone good who could be in charge of systems
 software for the beast.

 So, if some Debian developer is
  - competent to handle the networking setup & benchmarking, PVM, etc
  - potentially desirous of a job doing said
  - in Albuquerque New Mexico
 please drop me a line, as it might result in (1) a job, and (2) a big
 cluster running Debian.

 BTW, a cluster of 256 dual-CPU 21264s with a fast disk farm all
 connected to the national high-speed supercomputer networks could
 recompile a lot of packages quite quickly.
 --
 Barak A. Pearlmutter <bap@cs.unm.edu>, http://www.cs.unm.edu/~bap/