Re: NEWS for debian-boot

> If we're going to release for all the arches (I've already been told by
> Joel Klecker that powerpc is not being frozen this time) then I need help
> (and preferably patches) to make install/boot CDs on
>
> m68k/atari
> m68k/mac
> alpha
>
> i386 is covered and I have numerous success reports for this, including my
> own testing. sparc should be covered for boot at least - Eric Delaunay
> <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> sent me patches that I trust will work. I
> can't check this myself unfortunately, due to lack of non-i386 hardware.
> And Chris Lawrence <quango@watervalley.net> has promised m68/amiga patches
> soon.

I understood Chris was going to set up m68k in general. There's no way to
boot
Ataris from CD (as far as I know), and Macs would be possible to boot from
CD
but none of the m68k maintainers knows how :-)

Anyway, we still don't have the boot floppies the way we need them (the
latest
libc upgrade broke it some).

> b) some of the ports still appear to be (or at least were when I checked
> on Friday) quite a way behind on the recompile front, particularly on
> non-free and non-US. I know we have limited cycles available for this work
> - are many packages still being updated for i386? If so, we need to go
> completely frozen apart from critical bug fixes NOW. Until things are more
> consistent, it's difficult to say whether or not the non-i386 images I'm
> producing are any use at all.

The m68k buildds don't do non-free and possibly non-us IIRC. Keeping up with
main is quite enough.

	Michael