Re: Missing Library for X

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Jeff Katcher wrote:

> xauth:error in loading shared libraries
> libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: no such file of directory
> <repeat 3 times>
>
> I have no idea on how to fix this.  the library exists in /usr/X11R6/lib
> so what is wrong?

Add the following line to your /etc/ld.so.conf:

	/usr/X11R6/lib

Then, run ldconfig and it should be fixed.

Side note, Paul, can you makes sure that whatever X packages we get have
the linker cache rebuilt properly?  The current packages hose the
ld.so.conf file (leaving it empty).  I just noticed this over the weekend
when I was trying to log in from an X terminal and xauth died on me.