Re: SRM vs ARC

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 02:06:32PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Anybody got useful comparisons?  I've got the ARC (=graphical) console now.
> Does SRM get me anyhing that arc doesn't have?  I like the notion of the
> command line interface.  Also, does ARC have anything SRM doesn't?

SRM has a bigger memory footprint and doesn't understand fdisk-style
partitions.  It's hard to switch to without re-installing.  SRM does allow
network booting via bootp.  I prefer it over ARC myself, but then again
I'm strange.  ;)

SRM is also better for headless machines, IMHO.  And mine is headless.

Regards,

Jeff