Re: Hows Alphadebian doing?

Hi,

> Works fine on my box.  I think it was an install option (I'm not 100%
> sure).

with ARC console??

> > 2.) The installation is much too difficult
> > 3.) There are no CDs (except the ones we made here with our own script)
>
> It's not released yet, so why mass produce a CD now?

Nobody talks about mass production... But there aren't even some utilities
to burn cd's to give it to your best-friend who doesn't have a leased line
internet connection (we have to pay for telephone connections in europe...
that's why I'm talking about leased lines!)

> Wouldn't the same CD be used for most alphas, just different boot disks?

hmmm... yes, but we want to boot from the CD... :)) But you're right... But
without boot disks for all architectures that wouldn't be a real
distribution... :))

But I think we can take the kernels from redhat (don't kick me!) if we don't
have the time or machines to build and test them...

cu
 gerhard