Re: Booting problem

On Monday, 21 Dec, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 09:06:58AM +0800, Mikolaj J. Habryn wrote:
>
> >   ARC console, for future reference.
>
> What does that stand for?

Advanced RISC Computing.  It is a specification that attempts to
standardise certain set of features of RISC computers, including the
console firmware.  ARC console follows that specification.

> >   Remember the place where you changed the setup to boot from sdb1?
> > There were four (I think) fields in that setup section. The final one
> > was arguments to pass to MILO - it's probably currently set to 'boot
> > sdb2:vmlinuz-2.0.35' or something. Just type in the full commandline
> > that you use to get it to boot.
>
> Ah ha.  Now I feel silly for not realizing that.  I had changed the third
> option to point to the root fs (the second points to the milo fs), but I
> guess MILO doesn't read/use that?

Third option?  MILO reads the OsLoadOptions thing, treating it as a
command as if you type it in.  It should be something like
`boot sdb2:vmlinux-2.0.35.gz root=/dev/sdb2'.  Alternatively, set it to
just `boot sdb2:' and provide /etc/milo.conf on sdb2:.

Nikita