Re: Alphastation 200 and debian

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 12:48:34PM -0500, Andrew Isaacson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 08:57:54AM -0800, Oscar Levi wrote:
> > > So, I ordered debian 2.02 from lsl.com on CD. I want to install it
> > > with the minimum trouble. Can anyone point me toward some resources so
> > > I can start figuring it out before the CD arrives?
> >
> > I'm not aware that the alpha version has been shipped on CD.  I think,
> > I'll even go out on a limb, it definitely has not.
>
> It definitely has been shipped.  I own a copy.

I'm confused.  Are you running the hamm version?

It is possible that someone took a snapshot of the alpha stuff and
made a CD.  It has not yet 'shipped' as an official Debian version,
but nothing stops someone from publishing the development stuff.
Heck, that's what I'm running.

The first 'official' release for alpha will be slink.  I think this is
to be version Debian 2.1, but I'm not sure about the number.