Re: egcs on alpha

Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@worldvisions.ca> writes:

> Electric fence even works on Solaris, thank goodness.  (So do color-ls and
> GNU make, whee!)

It's not a given that it'll work; a year or so ago, Linux/m68k needed
a kernel patch before electric fence would work...  Also, I'd highly
recommend the `ccmalloc' package, as it not only tracks for bad memory
accesses, but also checks for memory leaks and other stuff.

(BTW: of course GNU make works, pretty well all FSF software works on
Solaris; if it didn't I wouldn't have been able to tolerate 3 years at
a Solaris-based University ;-)

--
James