Debian on a jensen.. No SCSI?

Krishna Simonse writes:

 > Hello,
 >
 > Installing debian on a jensen, what fun....havent had a challenge
 > like that since trying to get win95 to recognize my Ultrasound max.
 >
 > After several hours of torture and hard hard work with
 > MINLABEL.EXE and COPYBOOT.EXE, combined with the
 > 981115/jensen/resc1440.bin image I have managed to get the
 > beast ( I use the term fondly) to boot aboot ..and from there I have
 > even gotten it to load the root disk and in theory I should be on my
 > way to installing....but

I would be happy to transform your nightmare into some added
instructions for people wanted to install Debian on Jensen, if you can
describe briefly the procedure.

 > The kernel in the 981115/jensen/resc1440.bin image flatly refused
 > to acknowledge the fact that I have a SCSI disk. No hosts found,
 > no disks and hence no way to install. Anyone have any idea what
 > is happening here?

Well I guess unfortunately for you, you are the first one to test the
Jensen with the debian disks. I did not know what SCSI card it uses,
when building the kernel so I just included some commons ones.

I have looked on the following page
http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~ost/alpha/jensen.html, looks like
jensen use a AHA_1740 SCSI controller.

I have generated a new jensen resc1440.bin and new kernel-image-jensen.deb
package, that you will find on http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp (not yet
mirrored on master).

If they do not recognize you SCSI controller, there is also a kernel
on the http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~ost/alpha/jensen.html page,
you can see if it works.

Regards,

Loic