PCMCIA

Has anybody been able to get PCMCIA to work?  I have an AS200/233 with
48MB RAM running 2.0.35.  I am about to nuke it and go to Debian.
(Currently RH5.1)  I DL'd pcmcia-cs and managed to get it to compile, but
if I try to start it up by hand, as such:
insmod pcmcia_core
insmod i82365.o
and get:
./i82365.o: unresolved symbol _bus_inb

I can't load the other cs modules.  If PCMCIA is called during boot, very
bad things happen.  I'll get a bunch of SCSI bus errors about timeouts and
the like to the point that I have to one-finger-salute it, go back to an
older, non-modularized kernel in order to get back into the system and
remove PCMCIA from the start ups.  I mailed Dave Hinds (the guy who wrote
pcmcia-cs, among others) regarding all of this, and he said that the error
message listed above is pretty bad.  No amount of re-compiling or kernel
mucking seems to get around this.  Any ideas?  I've heard that some people
got it to work on UDB's, so I am not quite ready to give up.

Scott Lewis
Computer Support
Georgia Institute of Technology
scott.lewis@ce.gatech.edu   (404) 894-2210