RE: On Documentation

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Guenter Geiger wrote:

> First of all I would like to see installation instructions there. As
> these do not exist at the moment we should probably
> start with a common effort and post the docs to the list.

Agreed.  I haven't done a fresh install in AGES and can't really afford to
right now given the current "great for devel" state of my system.  If we
could find some takers to do this...???  Anyone?

> 6) A section for each system which needs special attention (regarding
> builtin graphic cards, boot parameters or whatever)

Ruffians come to mind.  A link to the new FAQ is being added today (time
allowing...by tomorrow at the latest anyway), so that should help too.

> What if we would use the common Debian bugtracking system ?  Does
> anybody know how to get an entry there (fast)?

How so?  As it is, x86 maintainers with no Alpha experience are getting
bug reports now.  All we have asked from them is to forward anything that
stumps them to the debian-alpha list.  Seems to be the best way to deal
with this from what I can tell.

> ...and we  could link the output of dbuild into a developer section on
> the alpha port page, together with a link to
> the bug reporting system, and other developer information ..
> Please try to contact Lars Wirzenius if you want to do it

It seems I've been beaten in this point, but I would love to link a page
containing that output to the list.  Once we get it up and running
somewhere, I'll just add the link.