Powerstorm 3D30 and XFree & sound card stuff

Two questions:

Has anyone got their Powerstom 3D30 to work with XFree86?

I have one in an Alphastation 255/233  (which all my sources and compiles tell
me is an Avanti)  and I can't get it to pop up an X console yet.  It always
complains with "fatal error, no screens found"
It works with everything else, console is A-Ok, (no *funky* cursor as found on
the AS200's)

The other question is, what sort of sound card is in these machines?  I have
read the manual that comes with the beasty and it says nothing on it.  After
installing NoT I got it working with MS sound system, but can't work out which
sound card driver to get it running.
I have successfully compiled 2.1.119 on the machine, and am fiddling with
2.0.36 but no success yet.

*wave*
"On the other hand, O'Reilly's book about running W95 has a toad as the
cover animal. Makes sense; both have lots of warts and croak all the
time."  --Michael Kagalenko, 6.Aug.98