Re: Obsolete packages in main/oldlibs

On 21-Sep-98 Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
>> Apparently the freeze for slink is about 4 weeks away, and it would be
>> cool if Debian/Alpha makes it this time!
>
> I agree.  I think we can do it this time around.  Any major problems need
> to be addressed soon, though, since I think slink's freeze time will be
> considerably shorter than hamm's was.

The biggest problems I see are:

- XF86_SVGA server locking the whole system with Millenium cards.
- egcs has still some problems.
- Stable kernels need some patching (alpha-patches).
- If I need the HiSax more patching.
- Ipfwadm does not work out of the box.

I hope we will not have to wait until 2.2.x kernels are out.

    E-Mail: Michele Comitini <mcm@glisco.it>
    Michele Comitini
    Glisco s.a.s.