Re: make 3.76 - where?

On Sat 19 Sep 1998, Wojtek Puchar wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Thomas Behrndt wrote:
>
> > I need to recompile the kernel. I've seen the mails re problems with
> > make 3.76. I have the same problem.
> >
> > Where can I get a copy of the deb package for make 3.76?

I've put it at ftp://ftp.murphy.nl/pub/debian/alpha/make_3.76.1-8.deb .

> > Alernatively, is there a work around.
> a) Take make source from debian 2.0 hamm (stable) and recompile
> b) Search arch/alpha/Makefile, comment out the lines that's making
> problem. Then you will be able to run make, but first you must do

I've looked at the problem, and it's that "$(shell blabla)" should be
used as a rvalue, i.e. it need to be assigned to something. So, put
"dummy=" in front of it, so that the line becomes

    dummy=$(shell rm -f ./GAS_VER)

Repeat for the other lines that begin with "$(shell ".

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands