Re: Unaligned accesses (was Re: debian on ruffian)

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 09:36:40AM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:

> But what's worrying
> me is the inability to run the gimp on my Millenium II (it fails in
> libgtk with something about "cannot access private resource", at the
> point where it was going to display the logo).  It's definitely the X
> server, as displaying over the network on my i386 works just fine.
> Anyone any ideas?  Is it Millenium-specific?

try 'gimp --no-xshm'. If this works, you probably have a problem with your
kernel being unable to probably do shared memory. Some alpha-patches (and
some precompiled kernels) are notorious to do this.

The latest alpha-patches over Linus' 2.0.35 work for me.

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>