Re: debian on ruffian

On Monday, 14 Sep, David Monro wrote:

> 1a) The machine would crash after a while unless I told milo that there was ony
> 224 rather than 256 M of memory (after reading about this problem on axp-list).

I want to investigate this problem.  I suspect that MILO's assumption
that physical memory is always contiguous may be incorrect in some
cases.  Do you have SRM console (at the moment I can only check it from
SRM)?

> 3) hwclock still complains about IOPL after the above fix. Is this normal?

The kernel must be compiled with RTC support enabled.  RedHat's
precompiled kernels do not satisfy this requirement, as far as I
remember...

Thanks for bug reports,

Nikita