Re: egcs pre1.1

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:

> I've found a reasonably minimal program where egcs barfs with the
> following message:
>
> egcs-error.c: In function `main':
> egcs-error.c:40: internal error--unrecognizable insn:
>
> I've attached the program below.  Additionally, it's on alpha.debian.nl
> as ~psl/egcs-error.c . Note that this was generated from a source file
> with gcc -E, and then stripping out stuff while the error still occurred.
> It's now down to the stage where if you change *anything*, it compiles
> fine; just don't expect the source to do anything worthwhile anymore :-)

Have you tried the new 1.1a package yet?  It's now installed on
alpha.debian.nl.  It seems to compile ok for me.  The only thing I can see
wrong with the code is that you're testing and using 'y' while it's still
undefined.  Then again, that all happens before the line that barfed.

What package did this come from?  I'd like to try it and send something to
the egcs list about it if it still comes up.  I already have one case to
send them from jade, so I wouldn't mind tacking another on to that email.