Re: Quinn diff for i386->alpha annotated with Incoming

On Fri 03 Apr 1998, Guenter Geiger wrote:
> Paul Slootman writes:
>  > > [required]   base/           dpkg: 1.4.0.21 is newer than 1.4.0.20. [libc6]
>  >
>  > I couldn't build this, as it needed gettextize, and I have no idea where
>  > to get that. Master doesn't have it either. Anyone any idea?
>  >

>  I've done version 0.20 and will do 0.21 right now (gettext is in
>  project/experimental )
>

>  Incoming is rather full with alpha packages. Does anybody know the
>  procedure for packages going into frozen ?

I think Guy Maor is doing frozen packages by hand. He did a whole bunch
of i386/m68k packages sometime this week, and I guess that he'll be
doing the others soon.
Maybe if nothing's been done by Monday evening his time (I guess his
timezone is PST?) someone should prod him.

>  It looks like they need special approvement, because I did by mistake
>  upload my net packages to slink only, and they were processed rather quickly.

I think the "unstable" (i.e. slink) dist is done automatically. I've
also discovered that if something's been put in "unstable" because the
word "frozen" was missing, re-uploading with "frozen unstable" causes a
reject because that version number already exists in "unstable" :-( I
now have a number of packages with _only_ "frozen" in Incoming, where that
happened...

>  If someone is checking this packages by hand, probably we should tell
>  him that this is not neccessary because we won't have an official and
>  stable hamm distribution on alpha ?

Maybe you could ask Guy Maor anyway... (maor@debian.org).

Paul Slootman
--