Re: some hamm install notes

I wrote:

> I haven't found any directions to tell me what options to give to the
> ftp install method so that I can install hamm.  I gave it the
> directory /debian/dists/unstable on ftp.debian.org, and told it to
> look for "main contrib non-free", which worked fine for fetching the
> Packages files, but I had to edit the "vars" file squirreled away by
> the ftp method to change that path to /debian before fetching the .deb
> files, otherwise it complains that it can't find the files; apparently
> it thinks it needs to fetch "dists/unstable/...."

Well, shoot.  I don't know if it changed because of an updated version
or if I just never read it properly before, but now the message
displaying sample values for the ftp method suggests:

          ftp dir: /debian
    distributions: dists/stable/main dists/stable/contrib

So using dists/unstable/main etc, while a bit awkward (which is why I
resisted trying it out when I thought about it), seems to be the
intended usage.

Well, I feel silly now. :-)

Ken