Re: signals on alpha

On Wednesday, 11 Feb, Christian Meder wrote:

> I think alpha has no sa_restorer and besides it's obselete now.

Yes, according to the man page.

> I haven't found any information how to patch such stuff properly for
> alpha. Is anyone knowledgable able to help me ?

I think it is safe to throw away any code that deals with sa_restorer.
In xview it is always assigned NULL, so presumably xview does not depend
on the functionality which was supposed to be provided by sa_restorer.

BTW, once I tried to build xviewg.  I only managed to get it compiled.
The resulting library was broken so badly that workman, although able to
start up, segfaulted everywhere.  If you wish, check out my diff at
ftp://genie.ucd.ie/pub/alpha/debian/xv-diff.  Enclosed are mostly dirty
hacks to make the thing compile (I did not have enough spare time to dig
the segfaults).  The code contains many incorrect assumptions (e.g., about
the va_list type, to name one).  I believe it can be ported more or less
cleanly, the hacks were just a quick attempt to see how it works.

Cheers,

	Nikita