Re: Too much RAM

	Hi!

I think I'm using a 2940uw. Here is the ouput from `cat /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/0`:
Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version: 4.1/3.2
Compile Options:
  AIC7XXX_RESET_DELAY    : 15
  AIC7XXX_TAGGED_QUEUEING: Disabled
  AIC7XXX_PAGE_ENABLE    : Disabled
  AIC7XXX_PROC_STATS     : Disabled

  Adapter Configuration:
            SCSI Adapter: Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra SCSI host adapter
                          (AIC-788x chipset)
                Host Bus: Wide
	         Base IO: 0x8800
	  Base IO Memory: 0x9000000
	             IRQ: 19
	            SCBs: Used 2, HW 16, Page 16
	      Interrupts: 40760
	   Serial EEPROM: True
    Extended Translation: Enabled
	  SCSI Bus Reset: Enabled
              Ultra SCSI: Enabled
       Target Disconnect: Enabled

But I don't think the scsi driver is giving me trouble. At least not the
worst part of my trouble.

Yesterday I got real mad and pulled out the memory from slots 2 and 3.
I reinstalled Debian and it works!!! No more memory violations. So,
can someone make this clear to me:

Is there ANY way that Linux can't handle the 256 Megs of RAM? Or can't
handle this particular motherboard if it has more than 256 Megs of RAM
stuck to it? At the moment I still believe the memory modules I got
are corrupt. And I wouldn't like to go screaming at the company who
installed them, if this isn't the case.

	feri.

P. S. no IDE disk around..