Re: Ramdisk for Jensen

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:10:00 -0800, "Colin DuPlantis" <colin@pepper.com> said:
> through the installation program, and arrived at the prompt for reboot.  I
> rebooted, and got to the SRM console, not unexpectedly.  I am at a loss as to
> what to do next.
[..]
aboot> 0/a root=/dev/sda load_ramdisk=1
> (seems to go along well for a while then panics: Kernel panic: VFS: unable to
> mount root fs on 08:00)

That should be

aboot> 0/a root=/dev/sda1

Try also /dev/sda2 and /dev/sda3 instead of just /dev/sda. It
specifies the partition were your root file system resides.

HTH, Martin
--
Martin Ostermann                | mailto:ost+sig0@comnets.rwth-aachen.de
Communication Networks          | http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~ost