A known problem ?

Hi,

For some reason, I had  to reinstall my UDB. Unfortunately, using the
debian frozen/slink distribution was not a good choice (a.o. because our
mirror is incomplete) but also because I get these two messages all the time :

billy:~# dpkg --install gcc_2.91.60-1.deb
dpkg: error processing gcc_2.91.60-1.deb (--install):
 error setting ownership of symlink `usr/bin/egcc': Operation not permitted

and also

billy:~# ldd sjampo.ben
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 53: elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
        not a dynamic executable

I do not care about the second one, but the first one has to do with chown
(so says my linux-god). I saw some messages on the list about
chown, but I did not follow them...

Anybody has advise ?

Gorik

ps: I need gcc to compile my amateur-benchmark, a small benchmark that
I wrote to compare my UDB to a 486 a Pentium and a Ultra sparc. If anybody
would be interested, then I can make it available some day.

pps: billy .neq. william