Re: partition counting for Alpha

> > Yes.  SUN, BSD, Digital UNIX use different partitioning scheme that
> > allows for 8 partitions.
I'm currently stuck with the following problem and I'm running out of
ideas. I'd appreciate any helpful responses.

When I normally partition a disk, I only can boot via MILO on a boot
floppy.

When I install a kernel via rawboot/aboot I'm able to boot correctly
but destroy the partition table.

When I partition the disk with BSDs disklabel, I can't mke2fs the
partition.

I'm particularly interested how to mke2fs a BSD partitioned disk.

Help?!

David

PS: Related problem: the kernel booted via aboot doesn't detect the
    hardware correctly (especially not the NCR810); but the kernel, when
    booted via MILO, works. I suspect the double initializing of the
    SCSI-adapter to be the culprit (when double initializing the
    hardware it works..)
--
David Frey (B98D36A9) = 51F35923114FC864 7D05FF173C61EFDE
  -- Henry Spencer